In the fall term of 1943, 30 students had applied for enrollment. By 1946 the decision was made to move the school to Oakland, California.
At a meeting in April 1946, a motion was made for purchase of the property of the Christian and Missionary Alliance Church in Oakland, California, for the sum of $37,500.
A new name was chosen for the school: Western Baptist Bible College. By 1954 enrollment had reached 94. The college remained at the Oakland site for ten years.
In 1957-58, with enrollment at 128, the largest department continued to be missions, while the second largest was the pastoral department. The library collection continued to grow to 10,000 volumes.
On July 15, 1969, administrators used $5,000 from the 主席’s Club as a down payment for the new 100-acre campus in Salem, Oregon. (The down payment figure was adopted as the school’s new address: 5000 Deer Park Drive.) The sale was personally signed by then Governor Tom McCall.
In October, several of the buildings on the new campus were named for John Schimmel, Herbert Farrar, Carrel and Fern Aagard and Dr. H.O. Van Gilder, laying the foundation for decades of growth, building, and expansion.